Terms & Conditions
If you need to cancel any service up to one month before the event, you can request a full refund.
If you cancel your booking within the last month of the event, you can request your payment be put on credit on your account ONLY if Claire can fill your place. We understand that horses can be unpredictable therefore if an injury occurs at the last minute, please let Claire know asap and she will credit your lesson onto your account. You will only be charged mileage costs if Claire travels to your yard and isnt teaching anyone else in your area that day.
Agreement & Liability Release
If student is under 18 a parent or guardians signature is required in form. This person must be responsible for the student and present throughout Claire's tuition.
Physically, riders must be reasonably fit and well balanced on a horse in all gaits
- As a matter of safety, Claire Burgess reserves the right to recommend that you do not ride/handle
your horse, in such case your enrollment fee will be transferred to auditor status
- A basic equipment kit is required comprising of a natural halter, 12ft line, carrot stick and 6ft savvy string.
Important - for insurance reasons the following is required:
- BS standard approved helmet is to be worn at all times when mounted and recommended to be worn at all times when handling a horse
- Helmet must comply with PAS015 or EN1384 and must be less that 5 years old from the date of
- Appropriate heeled boots
- Parelli approved equipment
- Helmets must be properly fitted including the use of a chinstrap. Helmets that have had a significant
impact, which has affected the strength of the helmet must not be worn
Your Property (including your horse):
- I understand that any property left at Claire's yard is at my own risk, and neither Claire or the land owner are to be held responsible for any loss or damage of any kind.
- Your horse must be started under saddle in all 3 gaits for ridden lessons and clinics
Please do not bring horses with serious behavioural problems on a clinic - contact me separately and I can advise you accordingly. We can work together to get them to a more suitable place for a clinic in the future
- Unfortunately stallions are not permitted
Any food provided by Claire and her business is complimentary. Although every effort is made to ensure food is served to a high standard and hygiene rules followed. Claire can not be held accountable for any illness or sicknesses as a result of it. Any allergies should be reported to Claire prior to the event and Claire will do her best to accommodate but can not be held responsible for any reactions.
You are welcome to bring your own food onto the premises if you would rather. All clinics unless stated, you should bring your own packed lunch
At any time with absolute discretion the instructor may:
- Revoke their approval for the applicant to attend or participate in the course
- Recommend that the applicant transfer to auditor status
- Make an adjustment or adjust the fees if either of the above events occur
- The APPLICANT agrees to release and discharge the INSTRUCTOR in respect of all liability to the
APPLICANT for loss or damage of any kind, whether for personal injury, death or property damage
which the APPLICANT may suffer from attending the course/lesson/clinic/workshop howsoever caused
- The APPLICANT hereby indemnifies the INSTRUCTOR from any loss, liability, damage or cost that
may be incurred by the INSTRUCTOR as a result of any act or omission, whether caused by negligence of the APPLICANT or otherwise in respect of any injury, loss or damage of any person who may accompany the APPLICANT to the course/lesson/clinic/workshop may suffer whilst at the event
- This agreement, releases and indemnities shall be binding upon the APPLICANT, the APPLICANTS
legal representative, heirs, next of kin and that this agreement may be pleaded in bar to any cause of action commenced in any court contrary to the terms and conditions
- Various words and phrases used in all pages of this agreement shall have the following meanings: The INSTRUCTOR also includes any partners, employees, agents or sub contractors who may run or assist in the running of the course/lesson/clinic/workshop. The course/lesson/clinic/workshop refers to any instruction, training or demonstration relating to the starting, training, selection, care, handling and riding of horses.
Rider Acknowledgements and Declarations:
I declare that:
- Physically I am able, reasonably fit and well balanced on a horse at all gaits
- The horse that I will use on this course does not have any serious behavioural problems which may disrupt the course/lesson, other horses or riders
- I will accept and follow all reasonable instruction given by the INSTRUCTOR
- I am aware that activities involving horses can be dangerous and unpredictable and that I can be injured or killed
- I accept all risks of personal injury, death or property damage (including the horse) to myself or caused to others
- I am aware that I may be personally liable for injury or damage to other horses, people or property that is caused by myself or my horse and I have been advised that I should insure myself against such risks.
I have fully read and understood the terms and conditions on this form and I agree that all terms and conditions are included in the agreement between myself and the INSTRUCTOR